Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tick Tock- tick tock....

So I am down to the wire and I have 9 days until the baby is born. 9 days!!!! 9 days!!! Am I repeating???
I was on the fence up until about 3 days ago. My doctor suggested that I try a VBAC...um I entertained it and then I found myself questioning everything. Complications, uterine rupture, failure to progress, baby not fitting...you name it I had it in my mind.

Then I had a conversation with TC and we discussed it. If I went the VBAC route, there is a 40% chance I am going to need a c-section anyway. Trent was 10 pounds and would not fit, hence why I had the first c-section. Oh and the drugs did not work!!!
This baby's weight is unknown so the doc wants to get an ultrasound to see. Well, technology is great but they told me that Trent would be just about 8 pounds. WRONG!!!

Plus, if I try it the natural way.....I will be alone.....all alone. It is bad enough that TC will miss the birth. But to do it alone, just is too much of a downer. I am so grateful that my sister is going to be with me for the surgery. She will calm me down.

I read so much stuff about VBAC and it seems like 50/50. Some doctors are all for it and some no. The stats say that I would only have a 1% chance of complications....um did you ever hear of Murphy's Law? Well, I am Murphy!!!!!!

So with all that in mind. I am scheduled to have my baby on the 9Th of August at 11:30 am. Which I think the doctor is punishing me for not wanting a VBAC...11:30 am...no food or water!!! I will be a bear!!

Well, the 9th it is....unless if these backaches are telling me I will go earlier?!?!?!?!?!?!

3 comments:

AngelConradie said...

best of luck! you'll be in my prayers!

Robin said...

What the hell is a VBAC?????? I don't have an opinion on it because I've never heard of it before.

Wow.....the 9th!!! How exciting. I can't wait to get my hands on that little baby!!!! Uhm...I mean....good luck. Ya.....that's what I meant!!

I am really happy for you....and for me too. I'm getting a new nephew once this baby is born. Don't argue with me. Lillianna calls you Auntie Lisa so I will be Trent and the baby's auntie too!

Since I don't have any in-laws that I'm close to on Rich's side,I've taken over all Kara's in-laws! I hope you don't mind.....lol.

I'll be looking forward to an online pic of the baby next week. Big hugs to you. Keep me posted!

Mama of 2 said...

VBAC stands for "vaginal birth after cesarean"

Looking at the calendar I would have to assume that your little bundle of joy has arrived (today is August 15th).
I hope your delivery went smoothly and you weren't too much of a bear from not being allowed to eat.