Monday, October 29, 2007

I may not be Martha Stewart, but I tried!

Life is crazy...in a nutshell!
I have a 4 year old who is awesome and now a three month old who is just starting to become fun.
I have no time to shave my legs, style my hair or iron my shirts but I did find the time to make my sons halloween costume.
He loves sharks. Ok, loves is an understatement...he is obsessed with them. So the only obvious solution is to make him a shark costume. hahahahahaha...I could have purchased one online and still would have done it cheaper.
I got the material and supplies for this disaster and spent about what I could have gotten it for but NOOOOOOO I wanted to be a freaking June Cleaver and make the damn thing. Stupid girl, I lived the stupid blonde joke life!
It took me HOURS...bloody finger tips from sewing through tough material, blisters from cutting the material and the frigging thing came out looking like a sting ray. Trent liked it, did not love it but it was an ocean creature to say the least.
No one wanted to hurt my feelings except my darling husband. I sent him a photo of it and he laughed and said that is the ugliest shark I have ever seen....go buy him one so he is not the laughing stock of the school and neighborhood.
I made the poor kid put it on and laughed and said, Dude, mom is going to buy you one. Well, no sharks are anywhere to be found so we settled on Mr. Incredible.
He is so cute with the mask and the fake muscles.
I guess I should stick to things I do best....sewing, not so good!

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

my damien is also shark mad! i so get you're busy- congrats on the new baby!!!

Robin said...

Good for you for making the costume! I would not even attempt such a thing.You're brave!

Way to be supportive,TC! Smack that guy on the head next time you see him.

I can't believe Trent didn't even wear it! I would've made him wear it or I would've cried until he took pity on me and put it on.