Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No! You have your own bed.

Trent is my sweetheart! I love his whole being.
But I think after 7 months the birth of his amazing little brother has affected him.

He will beg, plea, sneak and even cry to come into my bed. EVERY NIGHT this has been going on. Last night he was like Rambo crawling on the floor to my room. I hear the creaking of the floor boards and look up and there is his fuzzy little head. I smile but send him back..he said "mom, I just needed another hug" How could I refuse but then off to bed again. I feel like a horrible, evil mother for not allowing this but the bed is too small and he sleeps like a trapped bull. I don't want to get back in the habit and it is hard.

I will do everything to make a calm night routine. I will tell him stories, rub his head, get his small glass of tap water that he will request constantly. He is still little but at 4 1/2 he needs to be in his own bed. I give in every now and again when hubby is away but it has to stop.

I applaud the families who can stand the "family bed" but my kidneys can't take the kicking anymore!!

No comments: