Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I don't want to talk about it!!

I am from New England. Born and raised.
I love the seasons, I love the sports, I love day to day changes...but what I don't love is the constant complaining or having to listen to the same conversations day in and day out!

Massachusetts gets cold, snow, rain and the dreaded winter mix of slush...yuck. No one really likes it but living here you have to expect it. But everyday that is all I hear is...oh another fabulous day in new england...or I can't take this weather anymore...or can you believe it is snowing again. Come on people, it is the winter in new england we are supposed to get snow and cold.
The other thing is the Super Bowl....ok we lost bummer....there is always next year. The Pats are human...aren't they entitled to lose a game here and there without being criticized for it??

I am looking for a mix in conversation. I would even welcome listening about Britney Spears for goodness sake!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I was just saying this the other day. I've lived here for 45 years. I understand the weather in New England. I realize it's possible to experience all 4 seasons in the same day. This doesn't bother me.
Last Sunday it rained then snowed then the sun came out. Lil and I went to the supermarket while it was sunny but when we came out it was sleeting. No biggie. We just kind of laughed.

When someone comments on the weather I just want to ask,"Are ya new here?"