Thursday, May 17, 2007

I will be a temporary single mom...again

Many of you have read my past blogs about my husband being in the reserves and going away a lot, which includes his year in Iraq when Trent just turned one. So being a temporary single mom is now on my resume. I have to say that it is the hardest, most unappreciated job! I applaud every single parent out there. When you do it on your own you are mother, father, psychologist, doctor and playmate. There is never a break, never a day off or a long enough shower for you to even shave your legs evenly!!!

Well, I just got word that TC will be leaving May 29th until November 15th or so....

He will miss the birth of the baby, the christening, Trent's first day of Kindergarten, Trent's fourth birthday and even silly things like trick or treating!!!

I am grateful that he will be stateside, in Oklahoma and Arizona...but then I found out that once he is done with this stint...he will be going off to Iraq for 18 months. He will leave shortly after Christmas (at least that is the plan). He will get to meet his new son for about one month and then off until he is close to 2 years old and Trent will be close to 6 years old. I think that is the ages but either way, my children will not know their father.

I guess I will have to get to know him all over again. I will have to experience the first kiss, the first night in the same bed and being able to hand over some of the parental responsibilities. I nearly had a breakdown the last time he came home.....I wonder if I will be the same as before or be fine...I am thinking I will be fine...I have experience on my side!

Hats off to single parents, military families and all the children and babies stuck in the middle!!!!

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

you'll all be in my prayers!
you know, i almost think being a permanent single mom is a little easier than being a single mom on and off and having to be apart from the love of your life for such long stretches at a time...

Robin said...

Damn! I've been waiting to hear about when TC would be leaving. I don't know how you do it.

So he's going to be in the states until after Christmas? That's somewhat reassuring,I guess. Last time he left right after Trent's first birthday and that just broke my heart and I didn't even know you guys back then!

If you need to talk,call me! Tell TC he will be in our prayers and send me his address when you know what it is.

Hugs to all of you!!