Wednesday, May 30, 2007

1,700 miles away

This morning my husband left for Oklahoma and Arizona. He will not be home until mid November. I thought I would be tough but I cried like a baby. I wonder if I cried because he will be gone for so long or did I cry because I will be home raising 2 kids by myself. I think a little of both. I guess him missing the birth of his second son is pretty sad for me...I will be alone. I have sisters that offer to come with me, but even though someone will be there, I will be alone.

Trent started crying at night and is being a super cling on to me and is needing me to be with him until he falls asleep. He knew TC was leaving, I guess he really does listen.
I guess the only remedy to this is to spoil him with material things. I need for him to be distracted until he is used to the house with just us.

TC going away state side is not so bad, at least I know he is safe and out of everyday harm. But what keeps me up at night is just when he gets home in November, he has to pack up again for his 24 month tour in Iraq....

Sad, just sad......

3 comments:

Robin said...

I usually do not give advice to anyone about raising their child but spoiling Trent is not the answer.

My best friend,Liane is really good at this stuff so I'll call her this week and ask her what she suggests.

Many times when her husband Brian had to go to the states for a few weeks while she and her twins were in Jordan,South Korea or India,she used good ways for them to count down until Daddy came home.

I know this is much longer than 2 weeks but there are really good coping tools to deal with this and I think it will be better for all of you if you try some of them instead of giving in to his ever whim. You don't want to hear,"Dad was away and you still owe me for that. I want the Jag or the BMW as a present for getting my driver's license and I want it NOW!"
"Ok,Honey,You can have them both. I know that was a hard time for you!"

Don't do it,Lisa!! I promise to find you a better way.

Big hugs to you,Trent and The Baby.
It's going to be difficult and it will suck like hell but you will get through this. You all will.

Even though he'll still be in the states,I will pray for TC every night just like the last time he went to Iraq. I didn't even know you guys then!!

AngelConradie said...

you'll be in my prayers lisa...

Mama of 2 said...

I agree with Robin...and I am offering unsolicited advice - sorry.
But spoiling him isn't the answer at all in fact it could very well turn into a bigger problem.
I suggest giving him lots of love and attention and perhaps making something for daddy each week that he can send to your husband might be a better way to go.
Just a thought.
YOu will be in my thoughts and prayers.