Tuesday, May 8, 2007

OK maybe I am a bit paranoid.....

It was a warm September morning when I went into labor with Trent. Throughout the day, I knew I was going to love this little human but I had no idea how powerful it was going to be.

So when my little man entered the world and I saw him for the first time I cried, and I cried and I made a silent promise to myself, him and the world that I would protect him until my dying day. With that in mind, I have become a very paranoid person.

Fast forward to his school days, he is in pre-school and he is thriving and loves it! I love it too!!
His teacher is amazing and the children are all so sweet. I guess some of the other parents are more relaxed than me because they are all going on the "field trip" on Wednesday. There will be about 80 kids going to a turkey farm...ON A BUS!!!!!!!! A BUS!!!! A BUS WITH NO SEAT BELTS AND ME NOT THERE!!!!

So my question to you is......would you send your 3 year old on this field trip?

3 comments:

Robin said...

All kids ride a bus without seat belts so you'll just have to get over that part of it. I had to put Lillianna on the kindergarten school bus when she was 5 and I didn't love it but she was fine.

I'm kind of paranoid about field trips so I ALWAYS go. Can TC or Ginny go with Trent? I have never let Lillianna go on a class field trip without me. Plus,she always wants me to go with her so I do.
I'd volunteer to go with Trent if you lived closer!!

AngelConradie said...

hhhhmmm... speaking as the creator of the paranoid-neurotic-not-trusting-anyone-coz-they're-not-me style of mommydom... i probably wouldn't! but at the same time- i underestimate what my son can handle on a regular basis!

Mama of 2 said...

My answer to your question would be a resounding NO! at least not where a 3 year old is concerned. I personally don't think a field trip for that age group is nescessary at all.