Thursday, April 26, 2007

But I am supposed to be an adult.......

I guess you could say I have spring fever.
That is the excuse I am using for my behavior right now. I just don't want to be at work and I am using every excuse I can get away with to leave work a few minutes early.

Today, I do have to get some blood work done (that would be a rant if I elaborated) and I told my superior that the lab closes at 2:30 pm...it so does not! It closes at 5 pm and I leave work at 3:30 but that one hour of sunlight would do wonders for my vitamin D right now.

When I was a manager of HR four hundred years ago and I had people who worked under me, I so knew when they were pulling the wool over my eyes...or so they thought. I would tell them when they were walking out the door not to get too sun burnt...I could careless, as long as the work is done , I would say. Hey maybe that is why I don't' manage a department anymore...I like being the pee-on and coming and going like no one really needs me. OK they need me or I would be jobless but for the sake of argument, I am not that important. I edit books...how much reading can one person do in a day...right????

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

ooh, i feel like that regularly! the nice thing is that my boss is not worried what time i come and go as long as my clients can get hold of me and i can do what they need me to do and i log a certain number of hours every day.
i really landed with my bum in the butter here!