Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Does a domino fit down a throat?

Last night was complete and utter CHAOS!!!!!!!!
Heart attack central at bed time and I mean it!
So I am beat, really beat so I am looking forward to a good nights sleep...which is impossible when I feel like a 300 pound whale that swallowed a beach ball. Anyway, TC worked last night and Trent and I decided to cuddle up in my bed to watch a movie of my choice. BAD MOVE! The movie I picked out was Lassie. The movie was made in 1994 so I assumed that it would not be a whiny black and white with a woman asking a dog if Timmy fell down a well?!?!?!
No way...it was modern day with a modern day theme. I should have known, it was PG...but then again so isn't Flushed away and Shrek...I thought this one was safe...
Without spoiling the movie, there is a scene in there that centers around LASSIE DYING!!!! OK! THE DOG GOES AND DIES!!!! So Trent is crying hysterically, tears and everything. I did not want to shut it off because I know that Lassie does not die, she always comes back! Well TC walks in and thank goodness he did because he helped me reassure Trent that everyone is ok and just playing...ok finally calmed him down and Lassie was ok and the movie is over! Crisis over! Or so I thought.
So fast forward one half hour to Trents bedtime. Of course he is up and down from the bed and I am up and down keep tucking him in, he is funny at bed time ( at least he is when I am not half asleep) anyway, he finally settles down and I am just about in R.E.M when I hear him scream.. he yells, MOMMA, I SWALLOWED A DOMINO!!!!!!! Well this whale never jumped out of bed so fast, I don't even think my feet touch the ground. I am in complete panic mode, even with the shaky hands. I asked him a million questions about the domino in question...he told me that he found it in his bed, etc...I am thinking how???? Then he is crying...crazy crying taking off his clothes and freaking out about how is the domino going to come out and now I am really nervous thinking, did he really swallow this huge thing? TC is so calm, thank god because he made sense of it all. He dreamt it. We did not hear any gagging, choking or anything. I calm Trent down, TC calms me down and I gather all the domino's off the floor and we all know where they are!!!! TRASH! So Trent falls asleep and is snoring soundly, I of course check on him ever 20 mins until like after 11 pm and I finally relax. I did have to make a call to my friend on the west coast to have her reassure me that he was ok. Thank the lord for the 3 hour time difference!!!
Then my crap starts! Cramps in the belly, hips hurt...the usually pregnancy complaints. Which I will spare you all the mess of hearing about it. But I thought I was in labor at 22 weeks, more panic. So needless to say, sleep visited me only for about 2 hours...I am here at work like a zombie and I wonder if I should just go home and nap???
But the funny thing...i just got a call from home. TC is home with Trent and he told me that Trent just made a deposit in the ole porcelain bank, and there was no domino!!!!!

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

oh my word! you poor thing- isn't it amazing how fast one can move in panic mode? i'm SOOO glad he's fine and nothing bad happened...

Robin said...

OMG....how the heck did you survive that? Luckily TC was able to think clearly because I don't know what I would've done in your situation! I think PANIC would be my first instinct too.

Wouldn't you have just gone insane if Trent HAD pooped out a domino????